In this episode I explain the Creative Problem Solving Process and how to use it to be more innovative in any area of your life.
What You’ll Learn
- A brief history of the Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving Process
- The difference between divergent and convergent thinking and why you need both
- The four steps of the Creative Problem Solving Process and an example of how it works
At the end of the episode you will get a challenge to start working on that will help you be more creative.
- Asana Collaboration Software
- Basecamp Project Management App
- book Your Creative Power by Alex Osborn
- book Creative Approaches to Problem Solving by Isaksen, Dorval, Treffinger – not mentioned in the episode, but a good resource to understand Creative Problem Solving
Feel like reading instead of listening? Download the PDF Transcript. Enjoy!
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for listening to The Deliberate Creative Podcast. If you have feedback or comments leave them below. You can also email me directly.
If you enjoyed the episode please share it with others using the social media links at the bottom of this page. And, leave an honest review on iTunes. Your reviews make a big difference and I love reading them!
The Weekly Challenge
Your challenge for the week is to find a problem in your life or work where you think the Creative Problem Solving process could help you find new, innovative solutions. Share your challenge in the comments below and Amy might highlight it on Episodes 004-007 where she will lead you through each stage of the Creative Problem Solving process.
Note: The links on this page may be affiliate links. That means I get a small commission of your sale, at no cost to you. However, I only share links to products that I or my guests believe in. Enjoy them!